Principle Android Developer (£40k – £60k / $50k – $90k)
We’re looking for an Android developer to take charge of the development of the upcoming Sleepiest Android app.
Sleepiest is not yet released on android, however the Android codebase is partially complete having been principally developed by an external agency based upon the design of the historic version of the iOS app. The codebase needs updating to reflect new feature additions to the iOS version of the application before launching it into the market.
We’re after an expert in Kotlin that’s keen to be the primary developer on the android version of the app.
The role is open to folks who wish to work remotely or while traveling; we’re just after someone who really cares about the projects they are working on, and broadly wants to help our growing user base improve their sleep and wellbeing.
We’re a 6 person core team (working alongside a load of fantastic external scriptwriters, voice actors and audio engineers) – so you’d be working among a tight-nit team.
You will be our first internal Android developer and therefore longer term it’s likely you will take on the role of leading the android development as we continue to expand the team.
Since launch, the Sleepiest iOS app has been awarded Apple’s “App Of The Day” worldwide, has garnered over 4 million downloads and we’re growing revenue quickly (90% YoY) so there’s plenty of opportunities for someone to jump in and grow with the company.
Salary range is highly dependent on experience, but we know how annoying it is when one’s not given; so the best we can do is say anywhere from £40,000 GBP – £65,000 GBP (Roughly $55,000 USD – $90,000 USD).
The majority of the core team are based in the UK and we have an office in Leeds; however, as long as there’s at least a little cross-over of working hours between wherever you’re based and Greenwich Mean Time for the odd meeting then we’re open to applications worldwide.
We’re ideally after someone permanent, but if you’re a sub-contractor that’s happy to commit significant time to the app/project and are really keen then please do still reach out, for the right candidate we will be as flexible as possible.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- A good understanding of scrum and agile practices.
- Proficient in using code versioning tools.
- Familiar with GIT.
- Experience building user interfaces based on Android UI standards and material design.
- An expert in Kotlin and Java.
- Experience in debugging apps for memory leaks, power, graphical & rendering issues.
- Experience working with designers to assess feasibility and ideal implementation of desired features.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with third party libraries such as RxJava, Retrofit, Dagger and Lottie.
- Audio streaming app experience.
- Familiar with using and integrating analytics tools such as Firebase and Amplitude.
- Experience managing and deploying apps onto the Google Play store.
- Experience implementing in-app subscriptions.
- Experience writing testable code / implementing unit tests.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building new features for the Sleepiest Android app.
- Analyzing, diagnosing and fixing bugs in the Android application.
- Preparing and submitting updates for the Play store.
- Helping to ensure the Sleepiest experience is world-leading on Android.
Please, no recruiters 👍.
The friendly team here at Sleepiest.